Happy New Year Fashionistas!
2016 was a pretty fantastic ride for us. DistrictGal hosted three major fashion events, including Shop & Swaps and a 60’s fashion themed party. They were held at two favorite neighborhood locations: the Living Room Seoul and The Concorde in Haebangchon, Seoul, South Korea. More events are definitely on the agenda for 2017. You’ll have to keep checking in to see what’s to come!
Before the year was up, one thing on the Korea bucket list (Yass, the plan is to potentially relocate this year.) was to book a weekend getaway. I went to Hong Kong, the New York of Asia. Boy oh boy, was it fantastic! I Insta’d most of the trip. You can find pictures on Instagram @districtgalista and the Facebook page to check out the adventure.
Chic for cheap guide:
- Book your flight a month in advance for the best rates possible. Plane tickets are a steal from South Korea!
- Pack a pair of trendy leggings. (They’re comfortable and you blend in more with the locals or standout for fashionista reasons.)
- Hostel it up! They’re cheaper than hotels, and you can make new friends. Where did I stay? I stayed in a female dorm at Yesinn in Causeway Bay for $28 a night.
- For lugging around your gear, instead of a traditional traveler backpack, we recommend a bow style backpack or quilted backpack. They’re a cute update!
- Hong Kong is all about Dimsum, so try all the different kinds. They’re the staple food of Hong Kong!
These leggings were bought in one of Korea’s underground shopping markets. They have been in my closet for three years. The leather-like detail look keeps them in style every season. The black-on-black hides the sweat gained from the trek on the plane to the hostel. But really, it’s in case anything spills on the go, no one will notice. It was a bit chilly, so I borrowed this fabulous motto jacket from @SeekChic. As in the pictures below, you want your outfit to pop, great for your travel pics, you just have to tie a check pattern shirt around your waist. A bit 90’s but…the style is on point! And we’re having a flashback anyway, so why not? Haha~ Finally, the Adidas animal print sneakers and Aldo gold backpack were the finishing fashion touches.
Here’s a similar style put together for you. Let us know if you give it a try! Did anyone try the NYE look, click here?
Editor: @vendettalour & JP
*This page contains affiliate links. I will get a percentage of purchases to keep up this blog and be able to pursue future DGal endeavors. Thanks for the support! xoxo~ DGal